The Neighborhoods First Streets Committee is intended to promote the following goals:
Goals of the Neighborhoods First - Streets Program (NFSP):
- Enhance neighborhood livability and safety by reducing speeding traffic.
- Involve residents and businesses in addressing traffic issues.
- Use clear evidence and documented processes to evaluate and implement traffic calming solutions and measure impacts (i.e., impacts to traffic diversion).
- Incorporate public safety and emergency response interests.
- Improve compliance with posted speed limits, stop signs, and other traffic control devices.
- Educate residents and businesses about available traffic safety measures.
- Balance the transportation needs of the various land uses in and around neighborhoods; and
- Ensure consistency with previously approved Council policy: Complete Streets & People-First Streets.
The Neighborhoods First Streets Committee Resident Representative will provide valuable input in resolving requests and determining methods for better serving our community. He/She will vote on resolutions for resident requests.
For more information regarding the Neighborhoods First Streets Program, please visit our website or read the Neighborhoods First Streets Policy.
Applicants must reside within the incorporated limits of Park City and be willing to take the Oath of Office and an Ethics Pledge.
Appointments to the Neighborhoods First Streets Committee are made by the Mayor of Park City. Applicants will be notified of the interview schedule when available. Contact the Neighborhoods First Streets Program Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional information.