Submittal documents required for your project will depend on the type of permit, scope of work and project location.
Minimum submittal requirements for new structures:
1. Complete set of plans that are drawn to scale, stamped/signed as required per the International Building Code Sec. 107 and International Residential Code Sec. 106, and include:
- Site plan - as described below in Site Plan requirements.
- Landscape plans
- Construction plans - as described below in Construction Plans requirements.
- Fire sprinkler plans*
2. Paid receipt from the Sewer District*
3. Project Clearance Authorization Form from the Fire District (approval and all fees paid)*
4. Documentation for energy code compliance; for example, REScheck analysis.
5. Structural calculations; truss calculations*
6. Geotechnical report - as described below in Geotechnical requirements.
7. HOA notification*, if applicable
8. Documentation to support the building valuation
*A permit application may be submitted prior to receiving the following (deferred submittals):
- Fire sprinkler, truss, and gas schematic plans. These may be submitted prior to the 4-way inspection.
- Fire District Approval, Snyderville Basin Approval/Receipt (sewer), Health Department Approval, and HOA notification. These may be submitted prior to permit issuance.
Other submittal documents; provide if applicable to your project:
2. Historic District Design Review Approval/Waiver form
4. Equipment specifications; for example, manufacturer's specifications for gas fireplaces, mechanical equipment, etc.
Construction Plans requirements
- Building Design Criteria - ie. effective codes used in the proposed design , Occupancy Classification(s), Sprinkler System, Type of Construction, occupant load(s), etc.
- Elevations - for new construction or when an elevation is altered.
- Floor plans for each level; to include location and size of doors and windows.
- Foundation, structural and framing plans and details.
- Electrical, mechanical and plumbing design.
- A statement indicating that actual construction will comply with applicable local ordinances and building codes
A geotechnical report, including slope stability and retaining design is required at initial submittal if the slope of the lot is greater than 15%.
Otherwise, after excavation is complete, a geotechnical report evaluating the excavation and soil is required.
Site Plan requirements
- Click HERE for Setback and Zoning Guide - helpful guide to look up setback and zoning information.
- Construction Mitigation Plans (CMP) as required per Municipal Code Sec. 11-14-4
- Curb and gutter elevations as indicated on the subdivision documents
- Driveway locations
- Hard surface areas
- Limits of Disturbance design as required per Municipal Code Sec. 11-14, and Land Management Code Sec. 15-7.3.2(J) and 15-7.3-3(H)
- Location of nearest hydrant
- Lot size and dimensions
- North arrow
- Property lines
- Retaining walls
- Street names
- Topographical details, if the slope of the lot is greater than 10%.
- Utilities, including water meter and sewer lateral location
- Wildland Urban Interface Code page - see also Municipal Code Sec.11-21
- Wildland Urban Interface Code Guide - to help navigate the requirements.
If you have any questions or need additional assistance please call 435-615-5101 or EMAIL us.