What is the Wildland Urban Interface Code?
Minimum regulations designed to reduce the risk to lives and property due to wildland fires. The State of Utah adopted the 2006 Wildland Urban Interface Code with amendments, and Park City adopted an amended version of the State of Utah's code, in June of 2020.
When is compliance for the Wildland Urban Interface Code required?
The Wildland Urban Interface Code applies to all new construction and additions, as well as to remodels that are valued more than $50,000. The landscape and home hardening plan are evaluated as part of the building permit plan review process.
To help determine your requirements please use the worksheet.
Click HERE for the WUI worksheet.
Where is the Wildland Urban Interface Code located?
The Wildland Urban Interface Code is located in Municipal Code Sec. 11-21-1.
See also our Wildland Urban Interface Code Guide to help navigate the requirements.
For Wildland Urban Interface code and inspection related questions, contact:
Cherie Wellmon, Fire Marshal
Helpful information to prepare your property now!
- Click HERE for Park City boundary map.
- Click HERE for the WUI worksheet.
- Be Ready for Wildfire Season presentation, 2021
- Voluntary WUI Home Hardening & Defensible Space List
- Voluntary WUI Approved Plantings List
- BeReadyParkCity.org for additional wildfire and other emergency preparedness information.
- For the Park City Fire District chipping program call (435) 940-2484 or email@example.com
If you have any questions or need additional assistance please call (435) 615-5101 or EMAIL us.