What is the Soil Ordinance?
Certain areas in Park City are impacted by the presence of historic mill tailings in the soil, which may have high levels of metals, especially arsenic and lead. To help protect the health of our residents, Park City enacted the "Soil Ordinance" that provides topsoil and landscaping requirements for areas located within the Park City Soil Ordinance boundary.
Where are the Soil Ordinance requirements located?
The Soil Ordinance is located in Municipal Code Sec. 11-15-1
What to do if my property is noncompliant?
- Complete a Certificate of Compliance application; and
- Contact the Public Improvements Engineer, Nestor Gallo via EMAIL and provide the address.
For Soil Ordinance related questions contact:
Nestor Gallo, Public Improvements Engineer
445 Marsac Avenue
Park City, UT. 84060
Other helpful webpages & information:
- Fact Sheet
- Soil Ordinance
- Recommended Plant Bed Diagrams
- Zone by Address - to verify if property is in Soil Ordinance zone by address.
- Zone by Serial - to verify if property is in Soil Ordinance zone by parcel number.
|Boundary Interactive Map||www.epa.gov||www.deq.utah.gov|