Nightly / Short Term Rental Licensing Process
Anyone with the intent to offer lodging for a fee for periods less than 30 days must obtain:
- A Nightly Rental License from Park City (if allowed by zoning); and
- A State Sales Tax ID number from the Utah State Tax Commission.
- Ensure your nightly rental is allowed by consulting Park City’s GIS Zoning Map and/or Land Management Code.
- Pass a property inspection by the Building Department; and
- Submit a Nightly Rental License application with your passed inspection report to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Finance in City Hall (445 Marsac Avenue, Park City, UT 84060).
- If you have questions regarding your property’s zoning, please contact email@example.com or 435-615-5060.
- To schedule an inspection, please contact the Building Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 435-615-5105.
- For more information regarding obtaining a Utah State Sales Tax ID, visit www.tax.utah.gov or 801-297-2200.
If conducting business under an assumed name (D.B.A. "doing business as"), register the business name with the Utah Department of Commerce. Information on how to do this can be found in the Business Licenses section under State Requirements.