What's Your Vision for Park City's Future?
Park City Municipal Corporation is undertaking a community visioning project to define the Park City Community Vision and Action Plan through extensive community engagement and dialogue. The goal is to create a vision for the community to serve as a blueprint for growth over the next decade. Your participation and input is an important part of the process. Learn more about Park City Vision 2020 project via this link, or get involved by:
- Taking the online Park City Vision 2020 Community Survey - share your perspective about key trends shaping the future of Park City by taking this brief survey, available in English and Spanish.
- Saving the date and join us for the Vision 2020 Future Summit, Wednesday, November 20, 6:00 - 8:00 PM at the Jim Santy Auditorium (Park City Library). A community gathering to review results from the Park City Vision 2020 project.
Vision Park City 2009
Vision Park City 2009 was an open-ended dialog among Parkites: full- and part-time residents, employees, business owners and other community stakeholders. As a community we discussed what we hold dear, identified concerns, challenges and future goals, and revealed a set of shared ideals to guide Park City in the future.COMMUNITY IDEALS
- Respect and conserve the natural environment
- Promote balanced, managed and sustainable growth
- Preserve a strong sense of place, character and heritage
- Foster a strong sense of community vitality and vibrancy
- Support and promote diversity in people, housing and affordability
- Advance a thriving, diverse and sustainable economic base
Our community ideals are harmonious – working together to retain those signature qualities that make Park City the place we choose to call home. Our challenge, as a government and a community, is to balance what sometimes can be competing ideals to ensure a vibrant, healthy, sustainable community. Park City is putting Vision Park City into action through a new framework that widens our evaluation criteria contextually so that the range of consequences for any possible activity is evaluated in concert with our community ideals.
2015 Summary Presentation
October 2009 Community Presentation
July 2009 Council Presentation