Park City, UTHome Menu
Vision Park City 2009
Vision Park City 2009 was an open-ended dialog among Parkites: full- and part-time residents, employees, business owners and other community stakeholders. As a community we discussed what we hold dear, identified concerns, challenges and future goals, and revealed a set of shared ideals to guide Park City in the future.
- Respect and conserve the natural environment
- Promote balanced, managed, and sustainable growth
- Preserve a strong sense of place, character, and heritage
- Foster a strong sense of community vitality and vibrancy
- Support and promote diversity in people, housing, and affordability
- Advance a thriving, diverse and sustainable economic base
Our community ideals are harmonious – working together to retain those signature qualities that make Park City the place we choose to call home. Our challenge, as a government and a community, is to balance what sometimes can be competing ideals to ensure a vibrant, healthy, sustainable community. Park City is putting Vision Park City into action through a new framework that widens our evaluation criteria contextually so that the range of consequences for any possible activity is evaluated in concert with our community ideals.