Police FAQ's

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
  • Police

    • Do you provide fingerprint services and if so, when?

      Fingerprinting services are currently available every Saturday from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM. **After December 1st, the new service days and hours will be available every FIRST AND THIRD SATURDAY OF THE MONTH from 10:00 AM until 2:00 PM. There is no charge for the service and you do not need an appointment. If the requestor does not provide a card, we have cards available.

    • Does the city require residential and commercial alarm bonds?


      6- 2- 4. CASH DEPOSIT TO BE POSTED: It shall be unlawful for any person or corporation to maintain an Alarm System on any premises unless there shall have been posted with the Park City Municipal Corporation a cash deposit in the amount of One Hundred Dollars ($100.00),  portions of which are to be forfeited upon the giving of False Alarms as hereinafter provided. 

      Alarm Bond Application

      Alarm Bond Refund Request 


    • How can I obtain a copy of a police report?

      You can come in to the Records Department at 2060 Park Avenue between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m, Monday through Friday. You will be required to fill out a form and present a photo ID. The cost is $2.00 for a standard police report. If you are unable to come in to the department or live out of town, you can call the records department at 435-615-5507 and a request form will be mailed or faxed to you.

      Records Request

    • When should I use "911"?

      911 is an emergency line which should be used in life-threatening or urgent situations which require the immediate presence of law enforcement, medical or fire personnel. For all other situations, please call your local dispatch office. In Park City, that number is 615-5500 and in Summit County, 615-3500.

    • Why do Police vehicles need to idle?

      Police Officers leave their vehicles running in order to power critical auxiliary equipment such as onboard computers, surveillance cameras, and emergency communications devices. We are currently investigating ways to reduce vehicle idling for Police cruisers, but these vehicles will continue to require idling for day-to-day safety operations and are covered by exception (C) in the idling ordinance.