Police GRAMA Records Requests

Share & Bookmark, Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Police-Related GRAMA Request Form

(must be notarized prior to submission)

For GRAMA requests unrelated to Police, use this link.

Now Offering Online Accident Reports

Through CrashDocs.org, you can obtain a copy of your traffic accident report online. The fee is $10 which is the same as coming into the police department.  You will need to enter your name, date of accident and the report number.  Reports are available 5 - 10 business days after incident.

What is GRAMA?

The Government Records Access and Management Act (“GRAMA”) is a Utah law that provides the public with the right to access certain “records” prepared, maintained or controlled by a government entity.  The full text of GRAMA can be found in Title 63G, Chapter 2, of the Utah Code


What is a record?

GRAMA defines a “record” as “a book, letter, document, paper, map, plan, photograph, film, card, tape, recording, electronic data, or other documentary material regardless of physical form . . . .”  However, there are several exceptions, such as notes and drafts which are not subject to disclosure.  For a complete list and explanation of what does and does not constitute a record, see Utah Code § 63G-2-103(22)(a)


Are all records subject to disclosure?

No.  Records are classified as “public,” “protected,” “private” or “controlled” pursuant to GRAMA.  While all records classified as public are subject to disclosure, records classified as protected, private, or controlled are not disclosed unless an exception applies or a court orders disclosure.  For a comprehensive list of record classifications, see Utah Code § 63G-2-301 et seq


What records can I access without submitting a GRAMA request?

Before submitting a GRAMA request, check to see if the information you are seeking is available on the Park City Municipal website: www.parkcity.org. The following frequently requested records are available online:

Quick links to these records and others can be found on the top-left corner of this page.


Who can make a GRAMA request?

Any person may submit a GRAMA request.  The GRAMA request should be directed to the governmental entity that prepares, owns, or retains the requested records.  All GRAMA requests must be in writing and must include the following information: 

•             the requester’s name;

•             mailing address and daytime phone number, if available; and

•             a description of the record requested with that identifies the record with reasonable specificity. 

 See Utah Code § 63G-2-201


Can I make a request for prospective records?

No.  The requested record must exist at or before the date of the request. 


Can I make a request for the same record twice?

Governmental entities are not required to fulfill records requests that unreasonably duplicate prior requests from the same person.  63G-2-201(8)(a)(iv).


How do I make a GRAMA request for records retained by the Park City Police Department?

For instructions on how to submit a GRAMA request to the Park City Police Department, email records@parkcity.org.  


 Will I be charged a fee for making a GRAMA request?

Governmental entities may charge fees as provided in Sections 63G-2-203 and 63G-2-204Fee schedule


How long does it take for a governmental entity to respond to my GRAMA request?

Governmental entities have a maximum of ten (10) business days to respond to non-expedited requests and five (5) business days to respond to expedited requests. Utah Code § 63G-2-204.  Expedited requests should include an explanation of how an expedited response will benefit the public rather than the person making the request.  See Utah Code § 63G-2-204(3)(b)