Deer Valley Resort 2021 Snow Park Applications
Deer Valley Resort (DVR) has submitted the following applications to the Planning Department:
- On August 24, 2021, DVR submitted an application to Amend the existing Deer Valley Resort Twelfth Amended and Restated Large Scale Master Planned Development Permit as part of the process of redeveloping the existing Snow Park Village Parking Lots and Base Area. The MPD application seeks to redevelop the base area in three phases and includes a request for a reduction from the LMC required number of Off-Street Parking stalls provided for the future Resort supporting Commercial and Residential Uses. The submittal includes a Transportation Analysis.
- On August 24, 2021, DVR submitted a Conditional Use Permit (CUP) application for Phase 1 of the redevelopment of the Snow Park Base Area and surface parking lots. Proposed Phase 1 includes the Overall Site Plan, a new 4-story parking structure partially built into the grade, and a new Transit and Mobility Hub. In addition to the parking structure, proposed Phase 1 includes redirecting skier traffic to Deer Valley Drive East and prioritizing transit on Deer Valley Drive West.
- Deer Valley Transportation Analysis
Planning Commission Review
It is anticipated that the CUP application will require multiple Planning Commission meetings.
Please check back for meeting schedule updates.
Below is a list of meeting dates this project is on the Planning Commission Agenda.
|Meeting Date||Agenda||Minutes||Applicant Presentation|
| July 28, 2021 -
|August 25, 2021||Agenda||Minutes||Applicant Presentation|
|September 22, 2021||Agenda||Minutes||Applicant Presentation|
|October 27, 2021||Agenda||Minutes||Staff Presentation
|December 8, 2021||Agenda||Site Visit|
The following documents govern the development of the Deer Valley Snow Park Base Area:
- 1977 Special Exception Permit, amended multiple times;
- Deer Valley Twelfth Amended and Restated Large Scale MPD Permit (MPD/DA) dated November 30, 2016. Currently in place;
- Park City’s Land Management Code (LMC) Chapter 15;
- Park City’s current Affordable Housing Resolution 25-2020;
- Park City’s 2014 General Plan including the Lower Deer Valley Neighborhood;
- Park City’s Adopted Transportation Plans, as prioritized by the Park City Vision 2020 and the five Strategic Pillars including Transportation Innovation.
Existing Condition/Adjacent Parcels Map
Site Circulation Plan
Site Circulation and Mobility Plan
Proposed East Building Elevation
The Planning Department Planner for this project is Alexandra Ananth.
You can reach Alex by email at Alexandra.Ananth@parkcity.org.
Comments will be forwarded to the Planning Commission.