It shall be unlawful for the owner or person having charge, care, custody or control of any dog to allow such dog at any time to run at large. Except as noted below:
- On a leash or lead
- The dog is under the control of its owner through the use of an electronic dog collar, provided that the owner maintains voice and sight control and carries a physical leash or lead with them at all times
- Confined within a vehicle
- Within the real property limits of the owner
- Within the real property limits of another with the express permission of the property owner
- The dog is an agricultural dog actively working
- The dog is hunting with its owner
- The dog is within the boundaries of a designated off leash dog area adopted by ordinance or otherwise formally approved by the City, or a homeowners association within the jurisdiction
Owners of any dog found running at large shall be strictly liable for a violation of section (Dogs Running at Large) regardless of the precautions taken to prevent the escape of the dog and regardless of whether or not he/she knows that the dog is running at large.
Licensing & County Ordinances
Summit County Animal Control provides animal control services to all of Summit County, including municipalities such as Park City. Officers have resources and are specifically trained to respond to animal control issues. Additionally, SCAC implements and regulates the licensing registration and vaccination of animals within Summit County. Dog license registration:
Summit County Animal Control
- 435-336-3985 | email@example.com
- 1745 S Hoytsville Road, Wanship, UT 84017
Hours of Operation:
- Monday-Friday: 10:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Saturday-Sunday: 10:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Closed on Holidays