In anticipation of Mayor-elect Worel's Council seat vacancy, please review the below information as well as in this Council Seat Appointment Information Packet.
Introduction to Serving on City Council
A live recording of an 'Introduction to Serving on City Council' workshop, held on Tuesday, December 7, is available here.
How to be considered to fill Council Seat Vacancy
- Meet the qualifications of candidates seeking elected office (below).
- Submit a signed application and letter of consent for background check.
- The Mayor and Council will interview all applicants in a public meeting.
- The successful candidate will be appointed at a Council meeting in January, 2022.
- Candidates must be a United States citizen at time of filing for candidacy.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age at the time of the next municipal election.
- Candidates must be a legal resident of the municipality, or a resident of the recent annexed area, for 12 consecutive months immediately preceding the date of appointment.
- Candidates must be a registered voter of the municipality (City limits shown in map below).
- Pursuant to Utah Constitution Article IV, Section 6, any mentally incompetent person, any person convicted of a felony, or any person convicted of treason or a crime against the elective franchise may not hold office in this state until the right to vote or hold elective office is restored as provided by statute.
How to Apply
Those interested in filling the vacant Council seat may apply using this form. Once the form is completed, please save it to your computer and then attach it to an email beginning December 17, 2021, to email@example.com. All applications must be in Michelle Kellogg’s inbox by Wednesday, January 5, 2022, at 5:00 p.m. to be considered by the City Council.