The Community Engagement team is part of the City’s Sustainability Department. We are responsible for community outreach, citizen-engagement initiatives, social media, media inquiries, and emergency communications. Our goal is to sustain and enhance the Park City community through a broad range of public involvement activities.
For additional information on our most recent programs please visit the following links:
- Park City Vision 2020
- Progress Report: Community Engagement
- Progress Report: Diverse Community Participation
Community Engagement Team
Linda Jager, Community Engagement Manager
Tanzi Propst, Digital Communications Coordinator
Emma Prysunka, Communications Specialist
Clayton Scrivner, Communications Manager
Community & Public Affairs News
Park City Council Meeting Summary January 29, 2019
SUMMARY of the JANUARY 29 PARK CITY COUNCIL MEETING
IN THE REGULAR MEETING
STAFF COMMUNICATIONS AND DISCLOSURES
Bonanza Flat Update
City staff provided to Council an informative update on Bonanza Flat open space management. The update included information about ongoing property vandalism, the Mid-Mountain parking area, enforcement, and the City’s monitoring program, where City staff visits the property multiple times a week.
Bonanza Flat Staff Report
Final Design Review for Woodside Park Phase 2 Affordable Housing Project
City staff, alongside a representative from Method Studio Architects, provided to Council the final design of the Woodside Park Phase 2 affordable housing project, which included 3D drawings and virtual reality mock-ups. Permission from Council was requested to move forward with the construction designs.
Woodside Park Phase 2 Final Design Staff Report
COUNCIL APPROVED THE FOLLOWING ITEM FROM THE CONSENT AGENDA:
- A request to execute the first addendum to the Professional Services Agreement with Ward Engineering Group for Golf Maintenance Building Engineering Services for an amount not to exceed $28,512.50. This addendum is a small change order for the back nine of the golf course plat.
Golf Maintenance Building Contract Addendum Staff Report
- A request to approve a property lease for the City-owned property located at 1302 Norfolk Avenue. The City purchased this property in December, and has agreed to extend the lease for the tenant.
1302 Norfolk Avenue Lease Staff Report
- A request to execute the third amendment to the Professional Services Agreement with URS Corporation for services related to the Richardson Flat Tailings Site Operable Unit 4 (OU4), more commonly known as the Prospector Drain. Administrative Order on consent for an increase to the contract in an amount not to exceed $54,422. This will extend the term of the contract to December 31, 2020.
Prospector Drain Contract Addendum Staff Report
- A request to approve a Service Provider/Professional Services Agreement with Future I.Q., in an amount not to exceed $60,000 for consultant services to implement and manage the Park City Community Vision 2020 project.
Future IQ Staff Report
Future IQ Proposal
Future IQ Appendix
Council approved the following old business item:
- An ordinance amending the Land Management Code of Park City, Utah. The code amends sections 15-2.1-6 Development On Steep Slopes, 15-2.2-3 Lot And Site Requirements, 15-2.2-6 Development On Steep Slopes, 15-2.3-4 Lot And Site Requirements, and 15-2.3-7 Development On Steep Slopes, and continues the remainder of the proposed LMC changes that were reviewed at the January 15, 2019 City Council meeting. The LMC amendment was continued from last meeting.
Historic Districts Code Amendments Staff Report
LMC Amendments Ordinance
Council approved the following new business items:
- Resolution 03-2019 authorizing the issuance of General Obligation Refunding Bonds. Combining the outstanding bond with the Treasure Hill bond will save taxpayers $270,000.00.
Refunding General Obligation Bonds Staff Report
Refunding General Obligation Bond Resolution
- Ordinance 2019-08, approving the Park City Back Nine Subdivision located at 1884 Three Kings Drive, based on the Findings of Fact, Conclusions of Law, and Conditions of Approval. The purpose of this ordinance is to better define property lines prior to development of new water treatment facility.
Park City Back Nine Subdivision Staff Report and Ordinance
Park City Back Nine Subdivision Plat Exhibits
- Ordinance No. 2019-09, approving an extension of the March 8, 2018 approval of the Ridge Avenue Plat Amendment, located at 123 Ridge Avenue, Park City, Utah. This will allow for a date extension on the property exchange.
Ridge Avenue Plat Extension Staff Report
Ridge Avenue Plat Exhibits
2019 Legislative Update
City Staff provided an update on the 2019 legislative session, which began January 28. City staff members are currently developing a bill watch list. There have already been over 1,000 bills submitted for consideration and include topics surrounding water, mental health, building, and sales tax amendments. City staff stated that the current proposals to amend the sales tax distribution formula would disrupt the City’s ability to mitigate tourism impacts – traffic and parking, special events, congestion management, public safety, etc.
UPCOMING CITY MEETINGS
- City Council Retreat: 2/7-2/8, 9:00 a.m. at Park City Library
- State of the City: 2/12, 6:00 p.m. at Park City Library/Santy Auditorium
- Planning Commission: 2/13, 5:30 p.m. at City Hall
- City Council: 2/14, 6:00 p.m. at City Hall
- City Council: 2/28, 6:00 p.m. at City Hall
Interested in tuning in to listen to the 1/29 Council meeting in its entirety? Visit the following link to access audio from the meeting. Audio from Park City Council meetings is now offered with closed captioning.
Want to stay apprised of City news, events, and upcoming City Council meetings? Like our Facebook page or consider signing up for our e-notify program, which delivers the latest City news and event information directly to your inbox.
This is an unofficial summary of the meeting. To read the official minutes; please visit the meetings page on the city's website. Minutes are posted once they are approved.
- Feb 07
This post was not retweeted
- Feb 07
This post was not retweeted
City Brief – a look at the week ahead in City meetings and news – is now available on our website. More informatio… https://t.co/0GSTeRov6H
- Feb 06
This post was not retweeted