Welcome to the Special Events homepage for Park City. The Special Events Department is part of the Sustainability Department. It oversees and permits all Special Events that take place in Park City, as well as, manages the rental of city owned facilities and filming permits.
We will do our best to respond to your inquiries within 2 business days. To reach us, please include your name, phone number and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the contact us page.
For the Park City Special Event Planning Guide and Applications, please click the Applications & Planning page.
Tommy Youngblood - email@example.com (o) 435.615.5187
Special Events Coordinator & Film Permits
Jenny Diersen - firstname.lastname@example.org (o) 435.615.5188
Special Events Coordinator & Facilities
Jason Glidden - email@example.com (o) 435.615.5181
Economic Development Project Manager
For a listing of the many events in Park City, please visit the Park City Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau website at www.VisitParkCity.com.
Park City Special Event History & Facts
Long before Park City became a world class mountain resort, it was famous as a silver mining town. Founded by prospectors in the late 1860’s Park City continued to mine silver until the 1970’s. Park City is now home to world class resorts including Deer Valley Resort, Park City Mountain Resort and Canyons Resort.
Events are an important part of our community. From sporting and cultural events, sun to snow, and international to local – here are some examples of events held in Park City.
2002 Olympic Winter Games
Sundance Film Festival
The Egyptian Theater is one of the Main Street venues during the Sundance Film Festival.
Regional & National Events
Park City Kimball Arts Festival
Tour of Utah
Triple Crown Baseball & Softball Tournament
Events held on Historic Main Street include the Park City Kimball Arts Festival and Tour of Utah.
Miners Day Celebration
Tour De Suds
Running with Ed
Savor the Summit
Park City residents and visitors never deny a chance to dress up and have fun for a local cause. Running with Ed is a local event organized by the Park City Education Foundation. This event raises funds for the local school system. Photograph courtesy of Eclectic Brew Productions and Park City Education Foundation.
Did you know?
- In 2013, Outside Magazine voted Park City as the first Best Town in America (click for article). http://www.outsideonline.com/adventure-travel/north-america/united-states/The-Best-Town-in-America-Park-City-Utah.html
- Utah hosted the Olympic Winter Games in 2002. The unsung heroes of the Olympics were the thousands of volunteers who dedicated much of their Olympic involvement to ensuring a wonderful experience for others. They built memories that will last a life time. 175 City Volunteers contributed more than 6,000 hours to the games. Or the equivalent of 750 working days (and this doesn’t even count the public safety volunteers).
- Each year the Special Events Department permits more than 100 events in Park City.
- The Miner’s Day Celebration (Labor Day) has been running for 117 years. It is currently organized by the Park City Rotary group and benefits the more than 80 nonprofits in the County.
- 70% of the events in Park City are organized by non-profit organizations.
- 25% of the events in Park City use the beautiful and diverse trail systems.
Photograph of Point to Point Mountain Bike Race by SelectiveVision.
The Annual Park City 4th of July Celebration is a collaboration between more than 10 different organizations. The event includes a pancake breakfast, 5K fun run, parade, family games and activities, food, music, rugby games and of course a fireworks display.