WWF We Love Cities Park City Competition
September 14 - October 11, 2020
ABOUT // WE LOVE CITIES:
Park City is the U.S. winner of the WWF One Planet Cities Challenge! This has qualified us to join the We Love Cities challenge, putting us up against 58 cities around the world. We Love Cities is a social media public engagement effort to share sustainability and climate work accomplished by the Park City community.
To win the We Love Cities Competition, Park City must generate the most “votes” via social media. To prompt votes, we invite you to join the campaign by highlighting your favorite actions that will save our planet on social media, and inspire others to do the same. Your social post can be of anything, as long as it uses the #weloveparkcity hashtag.
Help us celebrate, vote, and win the global challenge!
How to Participate
Post and share on Instagram and Twitter
- Use the #weloveparkcity hashtag with your posts demonstrating your favorite sustainability actions
- Each post/tweet/like/retweet with #weloveparkcity = 1 vote
- 1 post/day/user allowed
- Posts must be set to Public to be counted
- Search for posts using the #weloveparkcity hashtag and Like, Share and Retweet them.
Follow us and share our Facebook posts (@parkcitygovt)
- Like*, Comment and Share @parkcitygovt posts that use the #weloveparkcity hashtag
- Each Like/Comment/Share= 1 vote
- Park City Municipal will be posting to Facebook daily, so be sure to Like them all and comment often
- Hint: you can find all of our posts by searching for #weloveparkcity in your Facebook search function.
*Likes, Loves, Cares, Angry, etc. all count as votes
Vote on Global Website
- Go to welovecities.org/park-city
- 1 vote/suggestion per person per day
Park City wins by having the most votes (per capita) across all four voting platforms. This puts us at a huge advantage since we have a rather low year-round population versus our wide visibility. We’re counting on you to help share our story!
Instagram My City in Motion competition
- September 16 - October 4
- Meant for private persons/influencers/photographers of all abilities
- You could be a global winner! After the end of the competition period, the WLC jury will choose the winning photo from the 10 most liked photos with the hashtag #welovecitiescompetition
- Theme: My City in Motion- post pictures that link to theme of urban sustainability and mobility
- Use #welovecitiesphotos
- Local artists to make eye-catching displays to encourage photos and voting, to be displayed at various well-known sites around towns and on Main Street during Car Free Sunday on September 20
- You can also use the hashtag #weloveparkcity in your post
- Posts must be set to public. Only Instagram Feed posts will be counted (posts to your Story will not be counted)
- Award: you will be featured on WWF sites; a prize will be mailed to the winner
Community Partners/Local Businesses/Resorts
Use Instagram and Twitter to highlight your best Park City photos, sustainability projects, and climate ACTION using #weloveparkcity
Do you have a newsletter or mailing list? Let your contacts know about how you are participating in the campaign, and how they can do so. Contact info below if you need any help writing.
Post your best Park City photos, sustainability projects and climate ACTION on your Instagram and Twitter with #weloveparkcity
Post your best Park City photos related to urban mobility and sustainability on Instagram with #welovecitiescompetition (photo competition runs from September 17-October 4)
Take a picture in front of one of the backdrops and post to Instagram using #weloveparkcity and #welovecitiescompetition (photo competition runs from September 16-October 4)
Prompt your followers to vote or submit an idea for Park City at welovecities.org/park-city
Prompt your followers to follow @parkcitygovt on Facebook and vote by liking posts with #weloveparkcity
Like and Share @parkcitygovt posts with #weloveparkcity on your Facebook page
Please call or email with any questions! I can help you with writing posts, newsletter items, etc.
435.287.5624 (call or text)