Construction is beginning this spring on a pedestrian tunnel at Kearns Blvd / SR-248 near the Park City High School and Cooke Drive. This tunnel will replace the current pedestrian crossing and is part of the overall plan for Kearns Blvd / SR-248 corridor. The tunnel will help alleviate traffic congestion, improve circulation, provide safe access for all users and enhance access to trails and transit.
Park City is proud to showcase this project as a 100% net zero design. All of the lighting and electric snowmelt system for the tunnel will be 100% offset (in an average year) by the solar panels installed on the railings and incorporated into the aesthetic design of the project.
We are excited to share that students from Park City High School will be creating artwork for the tunnel murals.
What to Expect:
- Construction is slated to begin early May 2019, please check back for an exact start date shortly
- Travel through the corridor may be delayed during certain construction milestones
- Expect lane restrictions and changing travel patterns throughout the project
- No impacts to school bus routes are anticipated
- The transit stop near Park City High School may be temporarily relocated to the west
- Pedestrian access will be temporary rerouted
- Construction is expected to be completed in August 2019
- Email us: info@SR248tunnel.com
- Call us: 385-375-2111