The purpose of this program is to provide both adult & youth residents of the Park City School District (PCSD) with the opportunity to apply for a reduced fee for certain recreation activities. The fee reduction is based on Summit County’s Average Median Income (AMI) and the applicant’s gross family income.
How to qualify:
- Criteria for approval includes: enrolled and attending in Park City School District or other schools in the school district area; currently employed/live within PCSD. Applicant(s) must provide proof of residency or employment. Applicants must provide gross annual household income and household size.
- All applications will be considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital or veteran status, medical condition or handicap.
- Complete the Sliding Fee application in either English or Spanish and submit to Park City Recreation.
- Application must be submitted at least two weeks prior to program registration deadline. Registration fees will not be amended to a reduced rate after registering. Fees will be charged based on your sliding fee scale status at the time of the registration.
- All applications will be reviewed within seven business days of being submitted. Review is done by recreation staff and applicants will be notified of approval or denial.
- If approved, patron’s household account will have a “flag” placed on it. This automatically will apply the approved discount when registering online. This will also notify staff at the front desk they are accepted into the program.
- Patron will also receive an email on approval and discount percent approved based on current Summit County AMI.
- The Recreation Director reserves the right to request supporting documents that may include, but are not limited to W-2 or the equivalent supporting documents of income and/or household size.
- Fee Waivers: The City intends that no resident be denied the use of any program, activity or facility for reasons of financial hardship. The Recreation Director may, at their discretion, waive all or a portion of a fee, or may arrange offsetting volunteer work for anyone demonstrating an inability to pay for services.
- If income is found falsified and household does not qualify for fee reduction, full amount of all programs registered for will be required.
- Sliding Scale application does not take place of registration or guarantee a spot in any program. Individual program registration is still required by the patron online or at the PC MARC Front Desk.
- Full payment is required at the time of registration.
- Applications must be completed annually dependent on date of prior years’ application. Approval of a discount does not guarantee a discount for subsequent years.
- Financial assistance is awarded for most programs, classes and camps. Some activities may not be eligible and/or vary for fee reduction due to direct costs. The Sliding Scale Program does not apply to PC MARC All Inclusive Passes, 6 & 12 month facility passes, adult leagues, private lessons, personal training, third party managed programs, programs less than $15 and tournaments/competitions.
- Discounts will be granted in percentages (30%, 50% or70%) of (select) program fees, dependent on gross household income and household size.
- For additional assistance, contact Sadie Hennefer at email@example.com.