Business Licenses

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

***Business license applications will not be accepted after 4:30pm***

Pay your business license renewal

Business Licensing


Anyone engaging in business in Park City, including the sale or offering of any goods merchandise, or performing any service for monetary exchange or valuable consideration must be licensed.

Park City Municipal Corporation requires all businesses within city limits to be licensed. 

State licensed contractors only need to be licensed in the City where they have an office. Non-profit organizations are required to obtain a license, but are not required to pay fees.

Where do I get a Business License?
Download an application or obtain an application at the Park City Municipal Corporation in the Finance Department. The address is 445 Marsac. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm. For more information call (435) 615-5221.

General Business License

FEE Schedule

The following is required of all new applicants.
If conducting business under an assumed name (D.B.A. "doing business as"), register the business name with the Utah Department of Commerce. (See State Requirements section)

  • Prior to application submission an inspection is required on all new businesses with a physical address in the City Limits, Please contact the Building Department at (435) 615-5105 to schedule your inspection appointment. A copy of the completed and passed inspection needs to be submitted with application. 
  • Business name, physical and mailing address and phone number of business.
  • Home address, phone number, and birth date of owner, manager. Local address and phone number of Agent for process of service.
  • Federal Tax ID or Social Security number
  • Type of business-square footage based on measurement from inspection report
  • Sales Tax number, occupational or professional license number if applicable   
  • License Fee based on business type (yearly)- prorated through the year, call 435-615-5221 for calculation information.  The fee schedule can be found here: 
  • Any business that involves entering a persons home must provide an original criminal background check from the Utah Department of Public Safety Bureau of Criminal Identification.

State Requirements

Registration of assumed business names, often called "D.B.A.", is required of all businesses that are not corporations, limited liability companies or limited partnerships. There is a filing fee for a renewable three-year registration for a D.B.A. If the business being licensed is a resale business, a sales tax number is required.
Anyone who is applying for a liquor license or solicitor's license is required to have a criminal background check completed with the Utah Department of Alcohol Beverage Control. An assessment fee will be charged per person.

One-Stop Business Registration-Utah: 

Utah State Agencies

Utah Department of Commerce
Division of Corporations and Commercial Code
Business Name Registration - "D.B.A."
160 East 300 South
SM Box 146705
Salt Lake City, UT 84114
(801) 530-4849

Utah Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control
1625 South 900 West
P.O. Box 30408
Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0408
(801) 977-6800

Utah Department of Public Safety Bureau of Criminal Identification
5400 South 3888 West
P.O. Box 148280
Salt Lake City, UT 84114-8280
(801) 965-4445

Utah Department of Commerce
Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing
160 East 300 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84114
(801) 530-4849, (801) 530-6628

Utah State Tax Commission
210 North 1950 West
Salt Lake City, UT 84134
(800) 662-4335, (801) 297-2200

For further information please call (435) 615-5221 or email