COVID-19 State of Emergency, November 2020
Governor declares new state of emergency on November 8, 2020
COVID-19 is spreading rapidly throughout Utah. Hospitalizations and ICUs are nearing capacity and healthcare providers will be unable to care for Utahns in the coming days if this surge continues. We must take action now to protect our hospitals and healthcare workers and to avoid further devastation on our families, communities, and businesses.
- General Information regarding the State of Emergency
- Executive Order
- Summit County information and business resources
The Governor’s executive order enacts statewide COVID-19 restrictions which:
- Place the entire state under a mask mandate.
- Limit casual social gatherings to household-only until November 23, 2020.
- Put all youth and high school extracurricular activities, including athletic and intramural events, on hold for the duration of the order.
- Require students enrolled at public and private colleges and universities, who either live on campus or attend at least one in-person class per week, to be tested for COVID-19 weekly.