Park City Council Meeting Summary February 27, 2020
SUMMARY of FEBRUARY 27 PARK CITY COUNCIL MEETING
At the February 27 meeting, Park City Council:
- Received an update on the funding plan for Flagstaff Mountain Resort development agreement. Council supported the new funding, and public comment centered on need to stabilize structures, and not allow responsible parties off the hook. Staff Report
- Discussed Kimball Art Center’s request to amend the Arts Festival contract that would increase attendance, the Festival’s footprint, and associated community impacts and mitigation. The Kimball Art Center staff will return to council in regular meeting for final approval. Staff Report
- Discussed updates to the special service contract process to separate regular services and special service/social equity contracts. Staff Report
- Approved the Consent Agenda including:
- An addendum to the design services agreement for energy modeling service for the 3Kings Water Treatment Plant to strive for net-zero at the new treatment facility. Staff Report
- A request for an agreement for records management in an effort to go paperless and increase transparency for the public. Staff Report
- Approved the following New Business items:
- A resolution proclaiming March 2020 as Dental Health Month in Park City, presented by People’s Health Clinic. Staff Report
- A plat amendment for a duplex in historic district at 182 and 184 Daly Avenue. Staff Report
- An amendment to the land management code for ordinary repairs, maintenance, or removal of non-historic material to streamline the approval process. Staff report
- Disposition of two units within the Woodside Park Phase 1 community housing development, including one single family home and one townhome. Staff Report
- An update on the 2020 Utah Legislative Session from City Manager.
The Park City Housing Authority approved:
- An amendment to the Intermountain Healthcare housing mitigation plan for partial fulfillment of their housing obligation, including deed restrictions on 14 units at Rail Central plus 1 unit of Claim Jumper condominiums. Staff Report
Upcoming City Meetings & Events
- State of Park City: 3/3, 6:00-8:00 p.m., Jim Santy Auditorium
- Historic Preservation Board: 3/4, 5:00-9:00 p.m., City Council Chambers
- City Council: 3/5, 6:00 p.m., City Council Chambers
- Planning Commission: 3/11, 5:30-9:30 p.m., City Council Chambers
Interested in tuning in to listen to the 2/27 Council meeting in its entirety? Visit the following link to access audio from the meeting. Audio from Park City Council meetings is now offered with closed captioning.
Want to stay apprised of City news, events, and upcoming City Council meetings? Like our Facebook page or consider signing up for our e-notify program, which delivers the latest City news and event information directly to your inbox.
This is an unofficial summary of the meeting. To read the official minutes; please visit the meetings page on the city's website. Minutes are posted once they are approved.