Park City Council Meeting Summary July 18, 2019
SUMMARY of the JULY 18 PARK CITY COUNCIL MEETING
IN THE WORK SESSION
Interviews for the Historic Preservation Board Vacancy
City Council interviewed three candidates for a vacancy on the Historic Preservation Board, which fulfill the remainder of a resigning member’s term expiring May of 2021.
Historic Preservation Board Member Interview Staff Report
Discussion Regarding PCMC Financial Contribution for Friends of the Children’s Justice Center
Staff and City Council discussed a proposed contribution for the Friends of the Children’s Justice Center. City Council and community members provided input regarding the importance of supporting the Children’s Justice Center. The contribution, in an amount of $100,000, was fully supported by City Council and will require an amendment to the FY20 budget.
Children's Justice Center Donation Staff Report
Carbon Footprint Update – City Buildings and Outdoor Lights
City staff provided an update to Council regarding the carbon footprint data and analysis of City operations pertaining to City buildings and outdoor lighting. Data analysis covers the years of 2016, 2017, and 2018. While the carbon footprint of buildings and outdoor lights decreased from 2016 to 2017, coming in at 5,288 metric tons, the carbon footprint increased to 6,217 metric tons during 2018. This increase is due to an increase in city-owned facilities, weather, and a change in operating hours.
Carbon Footprint Building and Lights Staff Report
Attachment A: Figures
IN THE REGULAR MEETING
Recreation Advisory Board Appointments
In June 2019, Councilmember Lynn Ware Peek and Recreation Manager Ken Fisher interviewed three applicants for open seats on the City’s Recreation Advisory Board. Council appointed all three – Eden Cooper, Emma Garrard, and Meg Steele – to the RAB, for terms ending in July 2022.
RAB Appointment Staff Report
COMMUNICATIONS AND DISCLOSURES
Free Wireless in City Park
With the assistance of the City’s IT and Recreation Department, free wireless was installed in City Park. The signal is broadcast from outside the City Park Building, and covers most of the northern end of City Park. Internet users will access the service via the “Park City Guest” network.
Free Wireless Staff Report
Council approved the following items on the consent agenda:
- Amendment No. 2 to the agreement with Alder Construction Company for Design Support and Shop Drawing Process Services for $61,336.00. This agreement is for pre-construction services on the 3Kings Water Treatment Plant.
3KWTP Preconstruction Services Amendment Staff Report
- An addendum to an Agreement with AJM & Associates for a Summer On Board Transit Survey for $39,803.00. This agreement is for the second phase of the On Board Transit survey.
Summer On Board Transit Survey Staff Report
Appendix A: Summer Budget On Board Survey
Appendix B: HOA Survey Results Winter 2019
Appendix C: On Board Survey Results Winter 2019
Council approved the following new business items:
- Ordinance 2019-40, approving the 526 Park Avenue Plat Amendment located at 526 Park Avenue in Park City, Utah. This is a plat amendment removing an interior lot line.
526 Park Avenue Staff Report and Ordinance
- Ordinance 2019-41, approving the Hulbert Subdivision located at 1503 Park Avenue in Park City, Utah. This is a proposed four lot subdivision that will also dedicate the 15th Street right of way to the City.
1503 Park Avenue Staff Report and Ordinance
- Resolution 16-2019, regarding Park City’s position on the preferred alternative identified in the State Route 248 Environmental Assessment. This is a joint resolution with Summit County. Park City seeks a project that better aligns with Park City transportation related goals, policies, and objectives, and looks forward to further collaboration with UDOT.
SR 248 Staff Report
SR 248 Resolution
Resolution Attachment: Corridor Entry Agreement - 2006
Save PC Hill Petition
UPCOMING CITY MEETINGS
- Council Retreat: 7/31, 10:00 a.m. at Park City Library
- City Council: 8/1, 6:00 p.m. at City Hall
- Historic Preservation Board Meeting: 8/7, 4:00 p.m. at City Hall
Interested in tuning in to listen to the 7/18 Council meeting in its entirety? Visit the following link to access audio from the meeting. Audio from Park City Council meetings is now offered with closed captioning.
Want to stay apprised of City news, events, and upcoming City Council meetings? Like our Facebook page or consider signing up for our e-notify program, which delivers the latest City news and event information directly to your inbox.
This is an unofficial summary of the meeting. To read the official minutes; please visit the meetings page on the city's website. Minutes are posted once they are approved.