The Community Engagement team is part of the City’s Sustainability Department. We are responsible for civic dialog, community outreach and citizen-engagement initiatives, media inquiries, and crisis and emergency communications. The goal of the Community Engagement team is to sustain and enhance the Park City community through a broad range of public involvement activities and community programs.
For additional information on our most recent programs please visit the following links:
Community Engagement Team
Linda Jager, Community Engagement Manager
Kim Clark, Community Outreach Specialist
Ervhi Bautista, Sustainability Team Analyst
Emma Prysunka, Communications Specialist
Community & Public Affairs News
Park City Council Meeting Summary June 27, 2019
SUMMARY of the JUNE 27 PARK CITY COUNCIL MEETING
IN THE WORK SESSION
Discussion of the Park City Annexation Policy Plan
Staff recommended City Council discuss the City’s Annexation Policy Plan, including the option to direct staff to begin the process of amending the City’s Annexation Policy Plan.
Annexation Policy Staff Report
Building Permit Software Update
The Community Development (Planning, Engineering and Building) Department launched new online Building Permit software. The software is web based, and can be accessed at www.parkcity.mycityinspector.com. Park City is now able to receive permit submittals online any time of day or week, allow applicants to lookup plan review status, request building inspections, and receive automatic emails of inspection results.
Building Permit Software Update Staff Report
2018 Annual Water Quality Consumer Confidence Report
Each year Public Utilities releases the Annual Water Quality Consumer Confidence Report to review drinking water quality and provide information regarding projects completed for the year as well as upcoming projects. This annual publication is required by the Environmental Protection Agency and the Utah Division of Drinking Water.
2018 Drinking Water Quality Consumer Confidence Report
IN THE REGULAR MEETING
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
Utah Library Association Distinguished Service Award
Park City Library Executive Director Adriane Herrick Juarez was awarded the 2019 Utah Library Association Distinguished Service Award. This award is given to a librarian with the most significant record of contribution throughout his or her career, recognized by colleagues as providing exceptional service to library patrons and the profession. Library Board Member Margie Green Schloesser was also honored by the Utah Library Association for her exemplary leadership.
2019 Utah Library Association Awards Staff Report
Council approved the appointment of Bill Humbert and the reappointment of Kristy Hoffman to the Library Board for Three-Year Terms Beginning July 1, 2019.
Library Board Appointments Staff Report
COMMUNICATIONS AND DISCLOSURES FROM COUNCIL AND STAFF
Fourth of July Event Reminders
Special event staff shared an outline of event logistics and impacts. For additional information, please see the 4th of July Information and Schedule link.
Fourth of July Celebration Reminders Staff Report
Representatives from the Summit County Children's Justice Center provided public input.
Council approved the following new business items:
- Council approved an Economic Development Grant in the Amount of $10,000 for Auntie Em's Homebaked Goods in the Kimball Arts Center.
Economic Development Grant Staff Report
- Council approved Utah Open Lands Funding Request for $550,000 to finalize the purchase of Armstrong Snow Ranch Pasture, a 19-acre property located in the Thaynes Canyon neighborhood. Several community members spoke in favor of the request UPDATE: On the evening of June 28, Utah Open Lands secured the balance of funding needed to close on the property, which will now be preserved as open space.
Armstrong Snow Ranch Pastures Open Space Funding Request Staff Report
- Council approved the Bonanza Flat Development Agreement with Wasatch County in June 2017, Park City acquired the 1350-acre Bonanza Flat Open Space the City has entered into an agreement with the Wasatch County as part of the trailhead parking plan submitted.
Wasatch County Development Agreement Staff Report
- Council approved Ordinance 2019-35, and Ordinance Repealing Municipal Code Title 4A, Chapter 3, Outdoor Music Plazas. Currently, use of an outdoor space is permitted through express allowances in the Land Management Code, such as Administrative or Conditional Use Permits and Special Event Permits. These permits allow for outdoor use for Special Events, community gatherings and other activities.
Repeal of Title 4A-3 Outdoor Music Plazas Staff Report
- Council approved the application to remove a significant site - 1060 Park Avenue - from the Park City Historic Sites Inventory.
Historic Sites Inventory Staff Report
- Council approved ordinance 2019-36, approving the Woodside Park Subdivision - Phase I Condominiums Modification, located at 1333 Park Avenue, 1343 Park Avenue, 1353 Park Avenue, 1330 Woodside Avenue, and 1350 Woodside Avenue, Park City, Utah. This modifies a previous requirement to install an e-bike station on the property.
Woodside Park Subdivision - Phase I Condominiums Modification Staff Report
PARK CITY REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY MEETING
Park City Redevelopment Agency approved the following new business item:
- An Economic Development Grant for Lucky Ones LLC in the amount of $20,000 to support business expansion, promotion and the development of a coffee camper.
Lucky Ones Grant Request Staff Report
UPCOMING CITY MEETINGS
- Planning Commission: 7/10, 5:30 p.m. at City Hall
- City Council: 7/11, 6:00 p.m. at City Hall
- Historic Preservation Board: 7/17, 5:00 p.m. at City Hall
Interested in tuning in to listen to the 6/27 Council meeting in its entirety? Visit the following link to access audio from the meeting. Audio from Park City Council meetings is now offered with closed captioning.
Want to stay apprised of City news, events, and upcoming City Council meetings? Like our Facebook page or consider signing up for our e-notify program, which delivers the latest City news and event information directly to your inbox.
This is an unofficial summary of the meeting. To read the official minutes; please visit the meetings page on the city's website. Minutes are posted once they are approved.
Jan 26, 5:13 PM
Need to recharge? You're in luck! Electric vehicle chargers are available for free throughout Park City, including… https://t.co/ock8cE4o7P
Jan 26, 11:40 AM
Whether you're heading to a film premier, the resorts, or just out and about, Park City Transit is the most efficie… https://t.co/0Z2nLbzW5b
- Jan 25, 3:55 PM