Park City Council Meeting Summary December 11, 2018
SUMMARY of the DECEMBER 11 PARK CITY COUNCIL MEETING
IN THE WORK SESSION
FY 2019 Adjusted Budget Discussion
City staff provided an update to Council regarding the FY 2019 Adjusted Budget. Budget items that were discussed included additional allocation for electric bus batteries, the Arts and Culture, and Recreational Department programs.
Adjusted Budget Staff Report
Adjusted Budget Adoption Ordinance FY 2019
IN THE REGULAR MEETING
STAFF COMMUNICATIONS AND DISCLOSURES
Construction and Development and Impact Fee Waivers: Policy and Title 11 Code Amendments
City staff presented to Council the policy and title code amendments for construction and development, and impact fee waivers. The intent of this discussion was for City staff and Council members to make sure they’re on the same page regarding the intent for said fee waivers to include impact fees, as well as the timeline code amendment.
Fee Waiver Policy Staff Report
Attachment A: Fee Policy
Parking Outreach Plan
City staff provided an update on the Winter Parking Outreach Plan. Staff proposed expanding the current residential parking program from 9th Street to Deer Valley Drive. The intent is for the parking program to be more of a hybrid program that works in conjunction with the two hour rule. As part of the outreach plan, City staff hoped to receive input from the public.
Parking Outreach Plan Staff Report
Attachment A: Parking Outreach Flier
Attachment B: Residential Permit Zone G Map
Main Street District National Register of Historic Places Boundary Expansion
The Main Street National Register Historic District Expansion is being reviewed by State preservation officers with the possibility of adding the east side of Main Street to the district. This addition would not affect Hillside Avenue or Grappa.
Main Street National Register Historic District Expansion Staff Report
Exhibit A: Main Street Historic District Expansion Letter
Bonanza Flat Update
City staff provided Council with an update regarding Bonanza Flat land management. Changes are to include widening of some of the winter access corridors as well as adding and allowing for public and limited overnight parking to the lot located above Montage Deer Valley.
Bonanza Flat Update
Park City Awarded Designation of SolSmart Gold
The Sustainability Department presented Council with the SolSmart Gold award. The City received this designation for being at the forefront of solar energy integration. Park City is the only city in Utah to have received the gold status designation. Park City has the most permissive code in Utah as it pertains to rooftop solar with an overarching goal of preserving the community’s character while still making it possible for Parkites to harvest energy from the sun. Read the full press release here.
A resident from Lower Park Avenue shared feedback regarding the parking plan on Park Avenue during the winter months. He noted specifically that parking was challenging between 2:00-6:00 a.m. while the road is plowed. Council briefly discussed the outreach plan for parking on Park Avenue and any anticipated changes.
COUNCIL APPROVED THE FOLLOWING ITEMS FROM THE CONSENT AGENDA:
- Single Event Temporary Liquor License Approvals for operation during the 2019 Sundance Film Festival. City staff is expecting an increase in Temporary Liquor License applications next week
Liquor License Staff Report Exhibit A: Liquor License List Exhibit B: Liquor License Map
- Type 2 Convention Sales License applications for operation during the 2019 Sundance Film Festival
Convention Sales License Staff Report
Exhibit A: CSL List
Exhibit B: CSL Location Map
- Third Amendment to the Current Kimball Art Center lease for the property located at 1401 Kearns Boulevard. Kimball Arts Center is currently leasing this property from the City
Kimball Art Center Lease Amendment Staff Report
Exhibit A: Kimball Art Center Third Amendment to Lease
Council approved the following old business item:
- An amendment to the existing contract with Triple Crown Sports (TCS) to reflect a date change for the event in 2019 and 2020. As the event stands now, it conflicts with Extreme Soccer tournament. The two groups have agreed to share these dates
Triple Crown Date Change Request Staff Report
Exhibit A: Triple Crown Draft Contract
Council approved the following new business items:
- Ordinance No. 2018-63, an ordinance adopting a revised budget for FY 2019 for Park City Municipal Corporation and its related agencies
Adjusted Budget Adoption Ordinance FY 2019.docx
- Ordinance 2018-64, an Ordinance Approving an Extension of Approval of the Second Amendment to the First Amended and Restated Nakoma Condominium Plat, Located at 11, 14, 17 and 24 Nakoma Terrace. This is a proposed extension for an existing condo plat
Nakoma Condo Second Amended Plat Staff Report and Ordinance
Exhibit A: Amended Nakoma Condo Plat
- A Granicus Service Agreement between Granicus, LLC and Park City Municipal for the purpose of adding closed captioning to the live stream audio for City Council meetings in 2019, with a form approved by the City Attorney, in the amount of $19,250.00. This is a pilot program for closed captioning and usage data is to be provided to Council as requested
Closed Captioning Service Staff Report
Closed Captioning Addendum to Contract