MUNICIPAL OFFICES TO BE VOTED ON IN THE
2015 PARK CITY MUNICIPAL GENERAL ELECTION
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a General Municipal Election for the office of three (3) City Council seats will be held November 3, 2015. Pursuant to State Law, a Primary Election must be held on August 11, 2015, if more than twice the number of candidates file than are to be elected.
Any person seeking to become a candidate for a municipal office may file a Declaration of Candidacy in person with the Election Official between June 1 and June 8, 2015 weekdays, during normal office hours 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., at Marsac City Hall, 445 Marsac Avenue, Park City Utah.
1) Candidates must be a United States citizen at time of filing for candidacy.
2) Candidates must be at least 18 years of age at the time of the next municipal election.
3) Candidates must be a legal resident of the municipality, or a resident of the recent annexed area, for 12 consecutive months immediately preceding the date of the election.
4) Candidates must be a registered voter of the municipality.
Pursuant to Utah Constitution Article IV, Section 6, any mentally incompetent person, any person convicted of a felony, or any person convicted of treason or a crime against the City may not hold office until the right to vote or hold elective office is restored as provided by statute.
For further information, please contact Marci Heil, Election Official, (435) 615-5007.
Important Deadlines for the 2015 Municipal Primary Election
Additional information can be found on the Summit County Website http://summitcounty.org
Voter Registration Deadline - By Mail -July 13, 2015
Early Voting Registration Deadline -In Person- July 27, 2015
Early Voting - July 28- August 7, 2015 10:00 to 5:00 daily
Primary Election (if needed) August 11, 2015
Voter Registration Deadline - By Mail - October 5, 2015
Voter Registration Deadline - In Person - October 19, 2015
Voter Registration Deadline- Online- October 27, 2015 (cannot vote early)
Early Voting- October 20-October 30, 2015 10:00 to 5:00 daily
Absentee Ballot Return Deadline - November 2, 2015
General Election - November 3, 2015
If you live within Park City your polling locations are:
Early Voting will be held on the 3rd floor at the Marsac Building, 445 Marsac Avenue, Park City Utah 84060
Voting on Election Day will be held in City Council Chambers at the Marsac Buidling or Eccles Center Lobby at Park City High School, 1750 Kearns Boulevard, depending on your voting precinct. See below.
Voting precincts in Park City have been consolidated into three districts. Polling locations for the districts are listed below:
- Consolidated District 1 - Marsac Building Council Chambers (445 Marsac Avenue, Park City UT)
- Precinct 1 - Deer Valley North
- Precinct 2 - Old Town South
- Precinct 31 - Deer Valley South
- Precinct 32 - Old Town North
- Consolidated Districts 2 and 3 - Park City High School Eccles Center Lobby (1750 Kearns Boulevard, Park City UT)
- Consolidated District 2
- Precinct 3 - Prospector
- Precinct 4 - Thaynes
- Precinct 33 - Sidewinder
- Consolidated District 3
- Precinct 5 - Park Meadows South
- Precinct 6 - Quarry Mountain
- Precinct 35 - Park Meadows North
VOTER REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Online voter registration is available at www.vote.utah.gov . To register online you must have a current Utah Driver’s License or ID Card. Online registration must be submitted 15 days prior to the upcoming election to be able to vote in that election.
To register to vote in Utah, you must:
• be a citizen of the United States
• have resided in Utah at least 30 days immediately before the next election
• be at least 18 years old on or before the next election
• present a copy of a valid form of photo identification or proof of residence
Bring a government issued identification card i.e. driver’s license, passport. If you are a new resident to the County, also bring proof of residency
The mail-in voter registration form must be postmarked at least 30 days before an election - or -
the voter registration form must be presented in person to the County Clerk or Park City Executive Offices at least 15 days before an election to be eligible to vote in that election
If a person registers less than 30 days before an election, he/she may only vote on Election Day and not in early voting.
ABSENTEE VOTING - PLEASE NOTE DEADLINES
Absentee voting applications are available for any registered voter in the Park City Executive Offices, 445 Marsac Avenue, Park City (City Hall). Please bring the mailing address of where you will need your ballot to be mailed. (435) 615-5184. Absentee Applications are available on line at http://www.vote.utah.gov.
Deadline for applying for an absentee ballot: For regular absentee voting, the ballot application must be received no later than the Thursday before the election .
Deadline for overseas voters: The Election Official should receive the application no later than 20 days before the election. .
Deadline for returning an absentee ballot: The ballot is only valid if it is clearly postmarked before (not on) Election Day, and received in the election official’s office before noon on the day of the official canvass.
Marci Heil, City Recorder / Election Official