Anyone who is offering a Taxi, Shuttle and/or a Limo service (in the Park City Limits), from which they are earning revenue, must obtain a Taxi/Shuttle business license. The following is required of all new applicants:
Title 4 Licensing Title 4 Chapter 15 For Hire Amendments Effective October 1 2011
In order to obtain a For-Hire Vehicle business license the following requirements for each vehicle must be met:
- A Park City certificate of inspection completed by a Utah certified mechanic certifying the taxicab or shuttle has passed all requirements established in the Park City Vehicle Inspection Checklist or a current Airport Inspection form, also known as an "AVI Inspection".
- Proof of Insurance: (minimum commercial transportation insurance coverage)
- $750,000 per vehicle if the vehicle provides taxicab service, has seating capacity of eight (8) passengers or fewer, including the driver, and is not operated on a regular route
- $1.5 million per vehicle if the vehicle's seating capacity is fifteen (15) passengers or less including the driver
- $5.0 million per vehicle if the vehicle seats sixteen (16) or more passengers, including the drive
- Proof of current year’s registration
- Fare schedule visible to customers
- Utah Driver's License with Z, P or CDL endorsement (required for each driver)
- Implement a drug-free workplace policy in accordance with Park City Municipal Code 4-15-3
- Proof of Park City Police issued background check certification (required for each driver)
- Company lettering on vehicle - lettering not less than 5/16" wide and no more than 2 1/2" in height (magnetic or removable signs are prohibited)
For fees please see Fee Schedule.
All for-hire vehicles shall have in the drivers possession a copy of the current certificate of inspection or Salt Lake City Corporation Vehicle Inspection Checklist, copy of the business license, proof of insurance, and the driver shall have a “Z”, “P”, or “CDL” endorsement on their Utah State driver’s license. Failure to produce any of this information may result in the issuance of a citation, suspension or revocation of the For-Hire business license.