Anyone with the intent to offer lodging for a fee, other than month to month leasing, must obtain a Nightly Rental License.
** It is our recommendation that you verify with the Planning Department that your requested business location meets the required Zoning Ordinances prior to applying.
The following is required of all new applicants:
- Prior to an application submission on all new nightly rental licenses within the City limits, an inspection is required. Please contact Sherry Snyder in the Building Department at (435) 615-5104 to schedule your appointment. Once the inspection has been completed and passed by the Building Department the business license application along with a copy of your inspection can be submitted through the Finance Deparment.
- Nightly Rental License Application and Instructions
- If using a D.B.A., register business name with the Utah Department of Commerce. (See State Requirements section.)
- Utah real estate broker license number, if applicable.
- State sales tax number required.
- Provide a list of all units to be licensed including street address, unit number, total number of bedrooms in each rental unit, including lofts, and hide-a-way beds. These lists must be updated yearly upon renewal.
- Property manager/owner address, and phone number of local contact.
- Fee Schedule
For further information please call (435) 615-5225