Public Art Advisory Board Meeting Information
The next meeting is Monday, June 13 at 5:00 p.m. in the Marsac Executive Conference Room.
Agenda coming soon.
Public Art Advisory Board Vacancies
Park City Municipal is accepting applications to fulfill four (4) vacancies for the Park City Public Art Advisory Board. Applications are due at 5 p.m. on Monday, June 20, 2016. Interviews will be conducted at the June 30th Council Meeting.
Public Art Advisory Board Vacancy Information
Public Art Advisory Board Application
The Public Art Advisory Board generally meets at 5:00 P.M. on the 2nd Monday of each month, or as needed, in the Executive Conference Room at the Marsac Building, 445 Marsac Avenue. For more information contact Executive Director, Park City Summit County Arts Council 435-647-9747.
Scheduled meeting dates for 2016 are January 11, February 8, March 14, April 11, May 9, June 13, July 11, August 8, September 12, October 10, November 14, and December 12, 2016.
Public Art Map
Park City Municipal Corp
Kathy Hunter, Executive Director,
Park City Summit County Arts Council
City Council Liaison
City Council Alternate Liaison
Park City Municipal Corp
Jane Rider Tomlinson, Student Liaison
Samantha Bush, Student Liaison
Public Art Advisory Board
The Park City Council approved funding for public art projects in June of 2003. In December 2003, after working closely with the Park City Summit County Arts Council, a policy was adopted forming the Public Art Advisory Board.
The primary functions/responsibilities of the Public Art Advisory Board are:
- Review a cultural assessment of the Park City community.
- Create a Public Art Plan that would include public art policy refinements and recommendations of expenditures of the Public Art Fund. Ensure that public art is safe, accessible, durable, and compatible with community standards. .
- Establish guidelines for implementation of the Public Art Policy, including methods of selecting artists and commissioning works of art. Process must be consistent with City purchasing procedures. To supplement the Plan and the Policy, in 2010 the Board developed a Strategic Plan.
- Process public art proposals submitted to Park City Municipal and make recommendations regarding appropriations for works of art and art projects to the City Manager.
- Review, on an annual basis, the artwork projects of the Public Art Policy as a reflection of the program's intent, and recommend appropriate maintenance requirements.
- Make recommendations for future funding of the Public Art Fund.
- Make recommendations for the establishment of a contribution percentage for art based on construction cost of public and private development.
Once the Public Art Advisory Board makes recommendations to City Council, the Council shall have final approval.