Public Art Advisory Board Meeting Information
The next regularly scheduled meeting will be held on Monday, November 14, 2016.
The Public Art Advisory Board generally meets at 5:00 P.M. on the 2nd Monday of each month, or as needed, in the Executive Conference Room at the Marsac Building, 445 Marsac Avenue. For more information contact Jenny Diersen, staff liaison to the Park City Public Art Advisory Board.
Scheduled meeting dates for 2016 are November 14, and December 12, 2016.
Scheduled meeting dates for 2017 are January 9, February 13, March 13, April 10, May 8, June 12, July 10, August 14, September 11, October 9, November 13, December 11, 2017.
Public Art Map
Holly Erickson, Chair
Kathy Kahn, Vice Chair
Park City Municipal Corp
Hadley Dynak, Executive Director,
Park City Summit County Arts Council
City Council Liaison
City Council Alternate Liaison
Park City Municipal Corp
Public Art Advisory Board
The Park City Council approved funding for public art projects in June of 2003. In December 2003, after working closely with the Park City Summit County Arts Council, a policy was adopted forming the Public Art Advisory Board. In August of 2016, the Public Art Advisory Board updated their policies.
The primary functions/responsibilities of the Public Art Advisory Board are:
- Review a cultural assessment of the Park City community.
- Create a Public Art Plan that would include public art policy refinements and recommendations of expenditures of the Public Art Fund. Ensure that public art is safe, accessible, durable, and compatible with community standards. .
- Establish guidelines for implementation of the Public Art Policy, including methods of selecting artists and commissioning works of art. Process must be consistent with City purchasing procedures. To supplement the Plan and the Policy, in 2010 the Board developed a Strategic Plan.
- Process public art proposals submitted to Park City Municipal and make recommendations regarding appropriations for works of art and art projects to the City Manager.
- Review, on an annual basis, the artwork projects of the Public Art Policy as a reflection of the program's intent, and recommend appropriate maintenance requirements.
- Make recommendations for future funding of the Public Art Fund.
- Make recommendations for the establishment of a contribution percentage for art based on construction cost of public and private development.
Once the Public Art Advisory Board makes recommendations to City Council, the Council shall have final approval.