Blue Ribbon Commission on Housing
Affordable and attainable housing is one of City Council's three critical priorities.The City is undertaking a comprehensive review and update of our existing housing programs, policies, and regulatory approaches. The City has engaged Economic & Planning Systems (EPS) to assist the City in this process and provide recommendations on future policies and approaches.
City Council also gave approval for the formation of a Blue Ribbon Commission to provide community perspectives on current housing-related issues and challenges and any recommended updates to existing policies. The commission is composed of seven registered voters living in Park City limits, who were selected through an application process. This is a limited-term appointment through March 31, 2016.
The first meeting was held October 26, and the commission is expected to meet biweekly through January 2016.
- Nicole Butolph
- Tom Horton
- Ron Hunt
- Meg Ryan
- Mark Sletten
- Mike Stewart
- Glenn Wright
PCMC Staff Members:
- Phyllis McDonough Robinson, Community & Public Affairs Manager
- Rhoda Stauffer, Housing Specialist
- Elizabeth Quinn Fregulia, Community Affairs Associate
Contents of the Commission Briefing Book
- Section 0: Addenda
- Section 1: Briefing Overview
- Section 2: Vision & Resolutions
- Section 3: Existing Units & Housing Information
- Ironhorse Transit Housing
- Snow Creek Cottages
- Robert C. Larson Workforce Housing Public Policy Award: 2013 Winner: Park City Municipal Corporation
- Matrix of Affordable Units in Park City
- Affordable Housing: Dispelling the Myths, 2012
- Section 4: Plans
- 2015 City Council Retreat: Affordable, Attainable and Middle Income Housing: Setting the 2015-2020 Agenda
- 2012 Park City Housing Assessment Plan
- 2012 Summit County Housing Affordability Analysis
- 2010 Park City Housing Market Assessment
- 2001-2002 Park City Area Housing Update
- 2003 Park City Housing Data Handbook
- 1999 Park City Housing Data Handbook
- October 26, 2015 Kickoff Meeting Agenda
- November 2, 2015 Agenda
- November 16, 2015 Agenda
- November 30, 2015 agenda: EPS presentation to the commission
- December 21, 2015 Agenda: This meeting was canceled due to inclement weather. The scheduled speakers will speak at the January 4th, 2016 meeting.
- January 4, 2016 Agenda
- February 1, 2016 Agenda
- October 26, 2015 Kickoff Meeting Minutes
- November 2, 2015 Meeting Minutes
- November 16, 2015 Meeting Minutes
- November 30, 2015 Meeting Minutes
- The December 21, 2015 meeting was canceled due to inclement weather.
- January 4, 2016 Meeting Minutes
- January 4, 2016 Presentations:
- Presentation by Jeff Jones, Community Development Director for Summit County
- Presentation by Scott Loomis, Executive Director of Mountainlands Community Housing Trust
- Presentation by Lisa Scheider, Director of Business Development & Communications, Habitat for Humanity for Summit and Wasatch Counties
Please visit our housing page for additional information about our housing program and policies.
Blue Ribbon Commission on the Soil Ordinance & Soil Disposal OptionsThe Soil Commission is a multi-faceted community task force charged to:
- understand and evaluate the environmental and economic challenges presented by Park City's mining legacy;
- explore possible changes to the Park City Soil Ordinance;
- explore mine waste soil disposal options and their economic impacts; and,
- make recommendations to Council that balance public and private interests and that will inform future Council actions.